Nutritional Services at Florida Hospital Waterman
Personalize your nutrition with our outpatient nutrition and wellness counselor.
Learn about your personal nutritional needs and how to improve your health by scheduling an appointment with the nutrition experts, Registered Dietitians.
Let your personalized nutrition coach guide you through the maze of answers you need to take control of your nutrition and improve your health.
To schedule an outpatient appointment with a dietitian, you need to have a physician’s referral first.
- Initial Assessments are up to 90 minutes, follow-ups are generally an hour or less with a Licensed and Registered Dietitian
- Reviewing your current intake using your 3-day food journal
- Customizing your nutrition plan according to your lab results, lipid panel, and existing medical conditions
Evaluating your dietary supplement program for adequacy and any interactions with foods or drugs
- 3-day food journal
- Recent Blood Work
- Current list of Medications and/or Supplements
If you have any of the following nutritional concerns, we are the experts in nutrition:
- Evaluation of nutrition status and lifestyle intervention
- The secrets of weight management
- Take control of your diabetes and prevent complications
- Are the herbs and supplements I take right for me?
- Cancer nutrition now!
- Family nutrition for you and the kids
- Metabolic Syndrome – What is it?
- How to improve your immune system with nutrition
- My cholesterol is too high and I want to avoid medication
- I have heart disease
- How to control high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Is there anything left to eat with celiac disease?
- How do I help preserve my kidney function?
- Help with auto-immune diseases Including arthritis and Sjogren’s
Our Registered Dietitians
Stephanie Bassett RD, LD/N
Julia Garossino, RD, LD/N
Amber Sherman MS, RD, LD/N
Anna Gunter RD, LD/N Outpatient Dietitian
Austin Webb MS, RD, LD/N
Your health insurance policy may cover your visit with a dietitian. We recommend that you call your insurer before your consultation to check for coverage of nutrition wellness. If your insurance does not cover the visit, you will be responsible for payment.
Please call 352.253.3700 to schedule an appointment.